EME Blog Journal 9

    In my experience so far with EME2040 I have really appreciated the way the lectures guide us through all the assignments. I never feel lost on big assignments or even small participation activities because we always go over them in class and there's time for questions. It does however feel a little repetitive in the structure which can get boring. It feels like its the same amount of lecture to participation items each week and the repetitiveness of it can make some things feel unimportant. I want to teach elementary school so the ways I can try to improve the classroom experience are very different than that of a college classroom but I do feel that it's important to switch things up and promote diversity within the curriculum and activities I choose. 

    OER or open educational resources are resources for education that are able to be shared and used by anyone. These are resources that are open to the public. I read the Education Week article about OER. In this article it speaks about how OER are different from other online resources. Regular online resources for education do not particularly have to be open to the public meaning they are not OER, these resources can have Creative Commons license that restrict how other people can share and use them. This was interesting for me to hear because I was really curious about how they were different. 

    I felt that doing this Powerpoint assignment really helped me get familiar with the many uses for Powerpoint. It introduced me to a lot of tools and resources on Powerpoint that I don't think I would have been familiar with otherwise. I really liked this assignment because I don't know when I would have been introduced to these tools otherwise. I did find the assignment a little challenging but it is important information to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EME2040 Blog Post #1

EME2040 Blog Journal 8

EME2040 Blog Journal #7